Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Roasted Spiced Rainbow Carrots


Something happened when I spotted these rainbow carrots at the market. I fell into a fairytale dream of sweet suckling pigs and savory meat pies presented on a slab of freshly-chopped lumber from an enchanted forest. The best part of any harvest feast? Freshly plucked root vegetables from the lady's vegetable garden. When I snapped back to reality, I knew I had to include roasted spiced rainbow carrots alongside my family's Easter Sunday feast of Moroccan spiced lamb and glazed ham. On second thought, this recipe would be perfect on any spring lunch or dinner table. I was so inspired by the rustic elegance of these carrots, I could have snapped a million photos of them (and I did. You're lucky I know how to edit my content). This recipe was extremely simple: coat approx. 2 pounds of carrots (any kind) with olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, sugar, cinnamon and salt and roast for 30 minutes in a 400 degree F oven. The original recipe calls for adding white raisins and lemon juice after the carrots have roasted, but I omitted those steps (e.g. I forgot). How was your Easter feast? Have you tried any new recipes lately? Please share!

Roasted Spiced Rainbow Carrots Recipe

Roasted Spiced Rainbow Carrots Recipe

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I would love to stick my wabbit teeth right into these carrots lol! This sounds so delicious! I've never see rainbow colored carrots! P.S. I don't really care for vegetables, but I sure love carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post... I never seen colored carrots!!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup!