Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Walnut Ice Cream


Most people consider the beginning of the year to be a time when resolutions are made and new traditions begin. I've never been one for resolutions, but trying new things is practically a pastime. So, when I thought of how to refresh the blog with some new posts for a new season, I knew I had to attempt a recipe that has daunted me for a while. It's remarkable how simple this recipe for homemade walnut ice cream was: just milk, cream, sugar and walnuts. The best part was realizing how something that once seemed so big and scary could be so attainable, and that even attempting it could be surprisingly satisfying. I hope to carry that outlook with me throughout the rest of the year as this new fall season begins.






3 comments:

  1. This looks like an absolutely delish recipe! Yum!

    The Purse Snatcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm impressed. That looks amazing.

    http://sweetapplelifestyle.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love vanilla ice creams with nutty toppings. its so simple, but still so good! i'd pick that over chocolate anyday

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup!