Monday, January 13, 2014

Palm Springs Getaway


"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. The great affair is to move." – Robert Louis Stevenson

Some people travel across continental borders, over seas and through roads and avenues searching for experiences that will nourish their souls and revive their spirits. Travel does just that: it changes you. I believe in the power of wanderlust and often find myself inspired just by looking at pictures of magical, faraway places. I also believe that the number of miles in a trip is not directly related to its transformational power.

This is why I have no problem returning to the same places over and over again. I consider Palm Springs my home away from home, because it's the first place I think of going when I need to get away from everyday life. It's far enough to feel like a vacation, but close enough to make for a manageable trip. I usually stay at the same resort, eat at the same restaurants (like my favorite brunch spot, Norma's at the Parker Palm Springs) and shop at the same antique stores along the strip. What keeps me going back? Something about the restorative power of desert air and a lazy vibe. It's always a welcome departure from the city that I am never too sad to return to.

[Puffy face the morning after a super fun wedding. Worth it.]
Gap chambray top (similar here) | Zara skort (similar here) | Target sandals

[Puh-REACH!]

[So much vintage happiness in one corner]

[Very berry french toast at Norma's, the ultimate indulgence.]

[The perfect finishing touch to a delicious meal.]

2 comments:

  1. great photos! I really love your outfit!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much love for Palm Springs and I'm jelly you just went! Lovin' that skort/chambray combo - definitely something I would totally wear. Hope all is well!!

    Thanks for stopping by Pursuit!

    -Ash
    Pursuit of Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup!